02 4226 2640 Book Consultation

Total & Permanent Disability

Disability claim lawyers in Wollongong and the Illawarra

Home | What we do | Total & Permanent Disability

Melinda Griffiths Lawyers in Wollongong understand what’s involved in disability claims, such as total and permanent disability.

Superannuation cover

Do you have income protection or lump sum entitlements contained in your superannuation policy?

Most workers are covered for total and permanent disability insurance through the superannuation fund contributions made by their employer.

Life insurance cover

You may also have TPD insurance under a life insurance policy or as part of an EBA or union membership.

Claiming compensation

Many people are unaware that if you have been injured whether at work, home or any other way, or suffer from an illness which renders you unfit to work you may be entitled to claim compensation for your total and permanent disability.

Most superannuation policies provide insurance to cover you for injury or illness.

Each policy is different and contains various rights and entitlements. We can provide you with advice to understand your entitlements.

What do I need to make a claim?

  1. A superannuation policy which includes TPD insurance
  2. Unable to work due to illness or injury
  3. Unable to work for at least 6 months

Each persons eligibility is different and review of your policy is essential to determine your legal rights and entitlements.


Need advice?

Get in touch for a confidential consultation about your legal situation. We will be able to explain the stages of the personal injury compensation process and develop an affordable plan to get the outcome you want.

By submitting this form you agree to the terms of our privacy policy.

© Copyright 2021 Melinda Griffiths Lawyers | Website by Handmade Web & Design